Sagashtawao Healing Lodge regards the following as an indicator of unsuitability of treatment.
- Involuntary referrals
- Clients who are currently using prescribed medication such as sedatives, behavior-modification medication, etc… which could interfere with their participation in the program.
- Referrals currently involved in the legal process or who are being referred as an alternative to incarceration.
- Clients whose behavior indicates a need for psychiatric care/treatment.
- Clients who are physically limited to a degree that they cannot participate in the program or are unable to move about without assistance in the event of an emergency or require extensive staff monitoring.
- Clients who are unwilling to abide by the rules and regulations of the Centre or indicate by their behavior that they do not wish to be in the program.